Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× Into DTG digital printing? Chat here!

DTG print price

3 years 3 months ago - 3 years 3 months ago #17427 by giftswp
DTG print price was created by giftswp
Hello fellow DTG printers,

I need your advice, there is a new textile printer system that supposedly is going to be a DTG killer,

Pros: No pre-treatment need it, no clogging do to white ink, not as much maintenance, faster production, less labor, very low cost equipment (printer) BTW, no... I'm not referring about the Oki line of printers, supposedly is better than the Oki system also.

Cons: Kind off expensive transfer paper

So my question is... how much cost to print an average 13x19 (or near this size, 12x18?) including pre-treatment and white base ink? preferably based in an Epson 2000? but other brands would be fine also.

Thank you in advance for your input.

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 3 months ago #17428 by Represent
Replied by Represent on topic DTG print price
at 1-9 QTY
I would charge $4.49 for a 11"x15" CMYK + White

for CMYK only I would charge $3.90

I don't use F2000 but all my printers are epson based, and that's with IA ink not dupont.

3 years 3 months ago #17429 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic DTG print price
Pete,

I'm more interested to know how much would cost me to produce them if I owned a DTG printer.

But wow those prices are low, I imagine it does not include the t shirt right? :), are you doing it as a hobby? I hope that you still make at least half of that on profit. Any ways, on this new system just a 11x17 transfer for white/light garments cost 3.00 each plus ink, for darks I don't know yet, the company who invented this is still working on it, supposedly is going to be ready in the 4th quarter of this year, and I imagine is going to be more expensive.

Ruben

3 years 3 months ago #17430 by Represent
no that does not include the shirts, that is for our contract printing price. haha no, not a hobby, we put out a lot of product to local screen printers for our contract printing services. Retail we charge more, expect on certain sites like thesixdollartee.com

Unless the image is solid white, 11"x15" print area is usually between $1.00 and $2.50 rarely to we have ink costs more than that. and if its CMYK only it ranges from $0.20 to $1.25 for that same print area.
The following user(s) said Thank You: giftswp

3 years 3 months ago #17431 by giftswp
Wow, I wish you were close to me so that you print my shirts :P

The price point to produce a print on this new system is what is going to be the decision maker,
I guess that for retail sales it may work, but not even close to compete with you :P, the nice think is that you
would print and transfer for 18 seconds and is done, the transfer is one step, the printer has a set of "Clear White" (no clogs), a clear liquid that in combination with the transfer emulsion/polymer creates "White" transferring only the design (can be photographic quality), with no "Box" or residue where there is no design, another plus is that you can start with 2000.00, this is the more attractive part of it.

Ruben

3 years 3 months ago #17432 by Represent
I wish my printers were $2000 :) DTG printers are coming down in price, as long as your willing to deal with all the headaches. Maintenance is key with DTG and takes awhile to get the hang of it.

It will be interesting to see what the next 10 years brings us in printers. I have received samples of a UV DTG printed shirt, no pretreat, prints white, but the smell was very strong. and not as cost effective as waterbased DTG setups.

3 years 3 months ago #17434 by giftswp
Yes, the investment and specially the maintenance need it on DTG is what has holding me to get one, yes UV tech is more expensive also.

Thank you for your input, Pete.

Ruben

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds