Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

Upgrades to embroidery in Deco

4 years 2 months ago #15574 by 2LiveCards
Upgrades to embroidery in Deco was created by 2LiveCards
23.8.16 Had a long chat with Brenden regarding Deconetwork & embroidery. The format was "what would be the perfect embroidery dream for you in DecoNetwork"

As I've listed most of it elsewhere it won't be breaking any trade secrets to list what was on my list:
Restrictions to fonts characteristics in the designer
Addition of working hoops (shape & size) in the designer - including active embroidery areas for specific machine manufacturers
Simplifying adding designs across multiple products
Adding embroidered bundles to the designer
Future preview of "as embroidered" logo to remove jpeg backgrounds
Addition of an embroidery only section to the forum "how to" (done live, hence post!) :laugh:
Ability to have multiple & mixed format pricing methods, set by decoration area

There's no guarantee it'll all happen, or in what timescale, but it was all positive :up:

If there's something else someone would like, tag it on to the list for discussion

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 2 months ago #15578 by Sewsublime
Replied by Sewsublime on topic Upgrades to embroidery in Deco
I would like to be able to set a maximum embroidery area within the pricing tables, so that we could use a single design area for all processes rather than have left chest area full front etc and if the customer increase to a size above the maximum it would add a message to say example this is above the maximum embroidery size for this item this could however be DTG printed at the required size.

just a thought

4 years 1 month ago #15594 by mozi1971
Replied by mozi1971 on topic Re:Upgrades to embroidery in Deco
I would likel the ability to change thread color of the design without having to upload the new .emb file

And also bulk discount for embroidery jobs just like it works for screen printing

Sent from my SM-G900T using Tapatalk
The following user(s) said Thank You: Shomec, EvaK, mycompanyapparel

4 years 1 month ago #15595 by 2LiveCards
Replied by 2LiveCards on topic Re:Upgrades to embroidery in Deco

mozi1971 wrote: I would likel the ability to change thread color of the design without having to upload the new .emb file

Definitely needed! :up:

4 years 1 month ago #15596 by 2LiveCards
Replied by 2LiveCards on topic Upgrades to embroidery in Deco

Sewsublime wrote: I would like to be able to set a maximum embroidery area within the pricing tables

So you'd like multiple pricing tables, sorted by production type, within the same decoration area?

It's 180 degrees away from the discussion I had with Brenden & not something I'd go for, but lets see who likes it :) The current suggestion involves setting relevant hoop sizes, along with manufacturer supplied sewing areas in the decoration area, Whether that can be incorporated to fit your plan, down to Deco :)

4 years 1 month ago #15597 by Sewsublime
Replied by Sewsublime on topic Upgrades to embroidery in Deco
I agree with the ability to change thread colours that would make life alot easier.

4 years 1 month ago #15598 by dan1
Replied by dan1 on topic Upgrades to embroidery in Deco
The designer to recognise the same embroidery on different product lines , so if you have 10 x 1 garment it charges the embroidery to 10 rate instead of 10 1 rates.
The following user(s) said Thank You: EvaK, 2LiveCards

4 years 1 month ago #15604 by 2LiveCards

dan1 wrote: The designer to recognise the same embroidery on different product lines , so if you have 10 x 1 garment it charges the embroidery to 10 rate instead of 10 1 rates.

That's in the current list to look at the same as screen printing B) :up:

3 years 11 months ago #15947 by 2LiveCards
BRENDEN .................... We're not hearing much ............. :emotionless

3 years 11 months ago #15948 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic Upgrades to embroidery in Deco

2LiveCards wrote: BRENDEN .................... We're not hearing much ............. :emotionless

Patients... Patients, it has barely passed 2 months and a week, you should know better by now. :evil:

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

3 years 11 months ago #15957 by 2LiveCards

giftswp wrote: Patients... Patients, it has barely passed 2 months and a week, you should know better by now. :evil:

I now ;) but everyone else was having a complain so I thought I'd follow the trend.............. :laugh:

3 years 1 week ago #17953 by scoobylyn
Replied by scoobylyn on topic Re:RE: Upgrades to embroidery in Deco

2LiveCards wrote:

giftswp wrote: Patients... Patients, it has barely passed 2 months and a week, you should know better by now. :evil:

I now ;) but everyone else was having a complain so I thought I'd follow the trend.............. :laugh:

For me being able to charge per embroidery area rather than stitch count or area measurement. I realise this can be done by editing each product but that's so long winded.

The ability to offer special offers ie free left chest or free logo setup.

I'd like the ability to be able to choose how many design setup charges I choose. I don't charge a left chest setup charge generally and this is causing me problems trying to work out how to set up the system.

Sent from my G3221 using Tapatalk

3 years 1 week ago #17954 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic Re:RE: Upgrades to embroidery in Deco
Hi,

I'd like to get some of your points clarified to better understand the problems you want to solve.

Design setup

Am I correct in stating that you want a way to disable the use of a setup fee on certain areas? i.e. you select the Left Chest location in the Decoration Areas section and uncheck a box such as 'Apply setup fee' for each decoration process? i.e.:

In this example Embroidery is checked ON for left Chest but the 'Apply artwork fee' is ticked off.

However my understanding is you have other rules around that such as don't apply a artwork fee on left chest if the client decorates the back? This is where defining rules become quite complicated.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

Attachments:

3 years 1 week ago #17957 by 2LiveCards
Replied by 2LiveCards on topic Re:RE: Upgrades to embroidery in Deco

scoobylyn wrote: The ability to offer special offers ie free left chest or free logo setup.

You can do a workaround on this using vouchers?

Time to create page: 0.157 seconds