Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

Standard Wilcom Embroidery Thread Colours

3 years 5 months ago #17145 by Artwork
Hi in general what do people have setup as their standard colours(MADEIRA codes) on the machines please?
Many thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 5 months ago #17154 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic Standard Wilcom Embroidery Thread Colours
Hmmm such a big question :) Of course the normal black, white etc. But I've pinged our embroidery guru Erich to chip in on this one! Stay put :)

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

3 years 5 months ago #17157 by Artwork
Replied by Artwork on topic Standard Wilcom Embroidery Thread Colours
hi, yes, I was thinking of a standard set of colours white, black,red,yellow,green,blue etc etc
what would be the most popular codes?
many thanks

3 years 4 months ago #17160 by ErichCampbell
Replied by ErichCampbell on topic Standard Wilcom Embroidery Thread Colours
In all honesty, the standard thread colors that are most popular with your clients aren't likely the same for all shops. For us, it had to do with regional color preferences as well as the customers that were most frequently getting orders on the machines. Being that we were in New Mexico, the classic NM flag colors of gold and red were always on the machine; other shops would likely use a different yellow more often, but ours was always that NM flag 'goldenrod'. We also had a particular company with a red, white, and blue logo that ordered so frequently that we kept their threads on the machines as a default, and our partnership with certain schools meant we also had a strange number threads like turquoise, maroon,and burnt orange that weren't used in almost any other logos than those of the schools in question. After the most popular white, black, red, and blue, everything else is up to some kind of debate, and each region and target market can be a little different.

We ran multiple thread brands, so some of these colors are converted to give you the Madeira Polyneon numbers, but In my previous shop, our most used colors in included; White, Black, Christmas Red (1839), a gold Madeira calls Citrus Burst (1955), 'Royal Blue' (1934), Indigo (1844), a yellow they call Lemon Tart(1924), a red they call Cinnamon Candy (1637), Kelly Green (1988), Pumpkin orange (1678), Cyan (1695), Country Kitchen Blue (1671), Christmas Green (1750), Vegas Gold (1670), Egg Yolk (1624), Coffee with Cream (1855), Sienna (1945), Sterling Silver (1687), Polished Pewter (1918).

After this list, you would get into the less frequently used colors like Turquoise, Purples, Pinks, Teals, Ivory, etc. It really depends on your market; when we have a rush of gift items for babies/children, periwinkle and pink and other pastels are still popular choices. If that were my top target market, I'd be giving you a very different list. :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: brenden, Artwork

3 years 4 months ago #17163 by 2LiveCards
Replied by 2LiveCards on topic Standard Wilcom Embroidery Thread Colours

Artwork wrote: Hi in general what do people have setup as their standard colours(MADEIRA codes) on the machines please?
Many thanks

We picked our standards & work to those unless a customer has a specific pantone based requirement for their logo. We use the polyneon range from madeira.
You can give people WAY too much choice then you've suddenly got 30 shades of red on the shelf.............
The following user(s) said Thank You: Artwork

3 years 4 months ago #17167 by Artwork
Replied by Artwork on topic Standard Wilcom Embroidery Thread Colours
Hi 2LiveCards
Can you post your thread codes please?

3 years 4 months ago #17168 by 2LiveCards
Replied by 2LiveCards on topic Standard Wilcom Embroidery Thread Colours
Which colours?

black 1800
white 1802
red 1647
golden yellow 1971
amber 1952
green 1749
brown 1857
silver/grey 1811
royal 1829
navy 1643

but we've got variations / specifics plus 20 or so secondaries we use regularly

2 years 11 months ago #18022 by CaseyBarber
Replied by CaseyBarber on topic Standard Wilcom Embroidery Thread Colours
I have uploaded the Madeira color pallet but it doesn’t print the thread color code on my order worksheets. Am I missing something?

2 years 11 months ago #18027 by brenden
Hi,

Colors appear in the 'Production Worksheet 002'.

If you browse to Settings > Email & Order Templates > Order Templates and edit the 'Worksheet' you can select the worksheet under the Default Template tab.

NOTE: Colors are only exposed for lettering and can't be exposed for the design itself. Unfortunately the Wilcom web engine which we use does not expose colors in a design.

To get the colors from the whole design you should use a program like TrueSizer: www.wilcom.com/truesizer

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

2 years 11 months ago #18031 by adamp
Replied by adamp on topic Standard Wilcom Embroidery Thread Colours
Also check your palette, its missing the names of the colours they are all showing as null on your site.

help.deconetwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/115001243348

See the section on importing palettes; I reccommend importing a new one with the name filled in.

Cheers

Happy Decorating!
Adam Pentland - CEO
:deco: www.DecoNetwork.com

File Attachment:

2 years 11 months ago #18039 by CaseyBarber
Thank you for the quick response. Very helpful

2 years 11 months ago #18044 by brenden
Welcome!

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

2 years 11 months ago #18050 by errebipromo
Replied by errebipromo on topic Standard Wilcom Embroidery Thread Colours
Hi Brenden,
We are using Trusizer and adding emb files on blank products, though colors in designs are not exposed both on order and worksheets templates. I even added the variable "color.code" but, no way. Can you help me?

2 years 11 months ago #18051 by CaseyBarber
Brenden,
I was able to upload and fix the embroidery pallet to show the color code. My next question is, if I have a custom item that has more than 1 color in that item i.e.. a hat with a red front / Black back. When I create an order that has embroidery on the front, the worksheet for that order will show the design on each color in that item. For example, I have a hat that has an orange front, white back and black piping. When I do a simple embroidery text on the front, the worksheet will show the embroidery layout for the front design on all three colors of the hat. Why not just the color where the embroidery is going? Is this standard or is there a setting? The product preview is correct. Its just the decoration options that shows all colors.

2 years 11 months ago #18060 by adamp
Replied by adamp on topic Standard Wilcom Embroidery Thread Colours
Hi Casey,

I had a quick look at your orders to see what you are looking at, and I think I can explain.

The hat you are printing on has 3 colors; the issue is the system does not know exactly where one color ends and the next one begins. So for the purposes checking contrast the worksheet is showing you what that text/design looks like against each color.

This sounds silly on a simple product like a hat where the panels define the edge of each color in the product. However if the product color design is more complex, say it was a camouflage design or something else then the way the embroidery thread is presented is not so simple. Ive attached an image to demonstrate.

Use production sheet color swatches as a representation of the thread color for the purpose of comparison of contrast against the colors found on the product only. There is no setting to change that behavior - the alternative would be to show a little piece of embroidery design as it appears on each color if the embroidery crosses color regions.

I hope that makes sense and is helpful!

Cheers

Happy Decorating!
Adam Pentland - CEO
:deco: www.DecoNetwork.com

File Attachment:
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: brenden

Time to create page: 0.180 seconds