× Got an idea for an awesome DecoNetwork feature? Submit it here! Feel free to comment and expand of other people's ideas as well!

Add a security step to form submission : Contact Page

7 months 2 weeks ago #21833 by paradoxsc
I'm getting a ridiculous amount of spam from our online contact form. I'm going to have to take it down. Everyday we get about 30-40 spam messages in our inbox because of this. A security step would at least stop the spam bots.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

7 months 2 weeks ago #21834 by info@shirtdesign.dk
Replied by info@shirtdesign.dk on topic Add a security step to form submission : Contact Page
Same here, startet about 2 month ago i think.

7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #21835 by ccruz
I just published a video showing how to enable the already existing recaptcha option on your contact forms which should help prevent bots from sending spam mails through it.

-Cris

7 months 2 weeks ago #21837 by paradoxsc
Thanks Cris.

So the functionality is hidden behind the global function "force captcha on registration". The "registration" bit is confusing.

In fact, a lot of the functionality in DN is confusing. The more features you add, the deeper we have to dig to enable or disable them. I've been a DN customer since DN5 and I still have a hard time editingĀ  my stores. I think a little streamlining is in order on the UX side of things.

7 months 2 weeks ago - 7 months 2 weeks ago #21838 by ccruz
Hey paradoxsc, not quite, you don't need to enable the force captcha on registration option to enable the captcha on contact and request a quote pages, or custom forms.

This force captcha on registration option takes care of displaying captcha on the form that shows on the user registration page but allows you to force displaying it on that page across all your affiliate stores. Hopefully that clarifies.

-Cris

7 months 4 days ago #21861 by DigiTees
I'm getting spam messages every day through the Contact form submission even though Captcha has always been enabled. Is there anything else I can do to stop them?

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds