× Got an idea for an awesome DecoNetwork feature? Submit it here! Feel free to comment and expand of other people's ideas as well!

Add steps to the production process with Barcode scanning feature

1 week 3 days ago #21952 by teerabbit
Add steps to the production process that customers can see & some they cannot - for example. 

Some steps can be

films produced
screens burned
garments have been ordered
garments arrived*
queued for print*
production finished*
order boxed
shipped*

These do not have to be in chronological order (finishing one does not mean there is another step next - screens can be burned before or after the garments arrived from the wholesaler). Some of these are for the production team only. However, some of these are viewable for the customer so they are aware which step in the order process it is in. 

Have these steps easily marked as finished with barcode scanning integration. I believe Printavo does something similar which is really cool.

Tee Rabbit - We Ink Well!

www.teerabbit.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 2 days ago #21967 by gregp
Hi,

At the moment we do allow you to create Custom production statuses , which can be configured per process / product. (Settings -> Production and Order Settings -> Production Statuses )
These are all currently internal facing.. guessing being able to mark a status as client facing would solve your issue?

And yes , need the barcode integration  :).

Greg

1 week 2 days ago #21973 by teerabbit
Yes, that would help if it were client facing as well. It has been a while since I played around with that feature you are talking about but if I remember correctly I had trouble with that feature since there was a chronological order to it. So marking one thing completed automatically went to the next however some steps are interchangeable and created issues. Not sure if that is still the case.  

Tee Rabbit - We Ink Well!

www.teerabbit.com

1 week 2 days ago #21975 by gregp
Hi,

No the production statuses we have added are completely separate of inbuilt workflow.. They are simply steps you can put the production into, Its only been added a couple of months ago .
Give them a go, I believe they are what you are describing. :)

Cheers,
Greg

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds