× Ask and contribute to general questions and how-to for DecoNetwork products.

Pre-purchase questions about decoration processes

1 year 8 months ago - 1 year 7 months ago #18446 by bcarch
Edit: RESOLVED. We are on board with DN.

I'm trying to decide whether to sign up for DN, ideally before Christmas, which is only 3 days away. Any help appreciated.

We're an awards/engraving/sign company who does very little apparel and what little apparel we do is subcontracted to outside embroiderers and screen printers. But I like the DN functionality and hope to adapt it to our work.

We use weird decoration processes: CO2 Laser, Fiber Laser, Rotary Engraving, Sandblasting. The only 2 we use that overlap with DN are Sublimation and Vinyl.

My first question: Do we have to configure each product with one of the built-in decorating processes built into DN? (I saw in another post where it was recommended they "hijack" an unused process and rename it.) We plan to add a custom pull-down field with our production processes and designate the right one when we enter the order. I tried this during our walk-through with a DN rep and it worked just fine.

Second question: When entering our products, can we notate what general ledger account each goes to, so when we sync with Quickbooks it knows where to apply the Revenue and Cost of Goods Sold? For instance, we track our sales by product category - Awards, Signs, Nametags, etc. so I'm hoping there's a provision in DN to provide for this.

If you have any insights into using DN with my non-apparel business please chime in. Thanks!
The following user(s) said Thank You: adamp

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.091 seconds