× Ask and contribute to general questions and how-to for DecoNetwork products.

production file glitches

8 months 2 days ago #18904 by subprinting
production file glitches was created by subprinting
we seem to be having a lot of production files with (glitches,bugs) in them recently is anyone else having the same issue?

if so what system have you put in place to make sure the production file artwork matches the customers design on the preview screen? as the image is quite small and sometimes we can't see the issue and have sent out orders with incorrect artwork to customers which is costing us and as per deconetwork terms bugs/glitches are part of the system and no compensation is provided.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

8 months 2 days ago #18905 by adamp
Replied by adamp on topic production file glitches
Hi Brad,

can see you have a few tickets in there about it. All the issues seem to centre on corel production files, which seem to be messing up for you right now. I would suggest, like we did in the tickets, changing to another production output file if corel is causing you grief until 7.510 arrives as it has a number of fixes for the corel engine.

Sorry corel is causing issues for you. Its why we are on the way towards eventually dropping it - we don't write that engine, and don't have access to its source code, and therefore can't fix the engine itself. Its as frustrating for us as it is for you.

SVG is ultimately going to be the replacement, its an open standard with open libraries to manipulate images, much friendlier.

Cheers

Happy Decorating!
Adam Pentland - CEO
:deco: www.DecoNetwork.com

File Attachment:

8 months 2 days ago - 8 months 2 days ago #18906 by subprinting
Replied by subprinting on topic production file glitches
Hi Adam,

but would you agree any production file is still going to have issues...

Deco have recommended - "to check that the production file matches the design mock up prior to running production to check for any errors."

my question is what system have other users put in place to check the production file against the design mockup. as some details a quite minor and sometimes you cannot see them in the design mock up.

8 months 2 days ago #18907 by adamp
I actually would not agree that any production file is going to have issues. Most people don't.

I'm recommending you move away from using corel for production files for your setup, have you tried that?

Happy Decorating!
Adam Pentland - CEO

File Attachment:

8 months 2 days ago #18908 by subprinting
so are you saying there isn't any production file issues if i move to .svg? and that i should not have to cross check the production file to mockup?

8 months 2 days ago #18909 by adamp
Through my own testing of your files I'd say look at using .png/pdf for now. They seemed to have faired a lot better. I didn't test svg myself, so no comment on that one.

The goal is to not have a cross check required, but once confidence in the output is eroded you need to fall back on double checking it until confidence is restored.

I know the customers I speak to in my day to day don't double check unless the production worksheet isn't clear.

Happy Decorating!
Adam Pentland - CEO

File Attachment:

8 months 2 days ago - 8 months 2 days ago #18911 by subprinting
my issue is with ticket #49963 which i don't think the resolution was fair.

7 months 2 days ago #19639 by subprinting
checkout 184610530 - still having issues and production file is pdf.

6 months 3 weeks ago #19836 by subprinting
I currently have 5 help tickets in the system related to production file glitches since
changing the production files to pdf. Surely I am not the only business experiencing this issues.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds