× Ask and contribute to general questions and how-to for DecoNetwork products.

Facebook Pixel [Solved]

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #20797 by margin_mattk
Facebook Pixel [Solved] was created by margin_mattk
I found almost my exact questions here ( www.deconetwork.com/forums/general-quest...nt-id-purchase#15723 ) from over a year and a half ago, but it has no answers, so I'm trying again.

I need to add a Facebook Pixel to my site, but I get an error in Facebook. It told me to add ( www.facebook.com/business/help/402791146561655 ):
fbq('track', 'Purchase', {value: '0.00', currency: 'USD'});

But that puts all conversions through as $0.00. Normally you would set the price of the product here, but that isn't any use when you have more than one product.

This page ( www.facebook.com/business/help/392174274295227 ) tells you how to set up dynamic values, and gives examples of common platforms such as Shopify, WooCommerce and BigCommerce, but it doesn't have DecoNetwork.

I found this page ( help.deconetwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/2...-Conversion-Tracking ) which gives Conversion Tracking variables, but I can't get it to work right.

I've tried both
fbq('track', 'Purchase', {value: '[ORDER_AMOUNT]', currency: 'AUD',});
and
fbq('track', 'Purchase', {value: [ORDER_AMOUNT], currency: 'AUD',});

Is there something else I'm missing?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #20798 by DigiTees
Replied by DigiTees on topic Facebook Pixel [Solved]
We are using this conversion tracking code:

<script>
fbq('track', 'Purchase', {
content_name: 'order confirmation: '+[ORDER_ID],
value: [DISCOUNTED_ORDER_AMOUNT],
currency: 'NZD'
});
</script>

In the SEO Tools> Conversion Tracking section.

You add the actual Facebook pixel in the Custom HTML section.
Although I see there is a new field in the same section called Facebook Pixel, might be better to put that code there.

I think it is working properly - I haven't checked in a couple of weeks though as we stopped advertising because we have had a lot of trouble trying to get proper conversion data. I think these issues have been fixed now, but we haven't resumed Facebook advertising yet.

1 year 5 months ago #20808 by gregp
Replied by gregp on topic Facebook Pixel [Solved]
Hey guys,

Letting you know I have alerted this post to a developer , they will investigate for you and I will get a reply here :)

Cheers
Greg

1 year 5 months ago #20838 by gregp
Hi guys ,

good news.. this came back from the developer..

"Our customers will be happy to know that they no longer need all that extra work around to add Facebook Pixel to their sites.

All they need to do is access the SEO Tools > Facebook Pixel (store level), inform the Facebook Pixel ID and its done easy like that.

We track both PageView and Purchase."
The following user(s) said Thank You: veep@tassigns.com, ErichCampbell, margin_mattk

11 months 3 days ago #21714 by Cortez
Replied by Cortez on topic Facebook Pixel [Solved]
So what are the chances that we can get all the standard events coded in with the pixel  AND  a catalog feed?   This is pretty standard on any e-commerce platform these days.........

It would make retargeting a pretty simple process with all the products we can potentially have in our stores.

THESE ARE A MUST
  • Add Payment Info
  • Initiate checkout
  • Add to Cart
  • Purchase
  • View Content - PRODUCTS (USED IN CONJUNCTION WITH VIEW CATEGORY FOR MARKETING)
  • View Category - NEW EVENT THAT WOULD BE REALLY HELPFUL IN SEGMENTING CUSTOM PRODUCTS/BLANKS  VS DECORATED PRODUCTS
  • Lead - PROBABLE BEST USED ON REQUEST QUOTE PAGE
  • Customize Product  *THIS COULD BE ONE OF THE MOST USEFUL EVENTS FOR DECO USERS*

THESE COULD BE HELPFUL
  • Complete Registration
  • Contact
  • Search
  • Subscribe
The following user(s) said Thank You: DigiTees

11 months 3 days ago #21716 by ccruz
Replied by ccruz on topic Facebook Pixel [Solved]
Hey Corey, certainly possible! Best way at this moment is to get your suggestion into the ideas page so others can add their support for it.We're really looking at ideas with demand when considering for future improvements.

-Cris

11 months 3 days ago #21718 by DigiTees
I've already placed a request for Catalog Feed, vote here:  www.deconetwork.com/ideas/business-hub/924-catalog-on-facebook

I would vote for the extra Pixel events too if you want to log a request Corey.

2 months 4 weeks ago #22463 by DigiTees
Any chance of the Facebook Pixel tracking ALL standard events?

I've added a request here:  www.deconetwork.com/ideas/business-hub/1...-all-standard-events

1 month 3 weeks ago #22572 by DigiTees
Hi Greg,

Is there any update on this please?

We seriously need the Facebook pixel to track all events and also a catalog feed please. 
As Corey said, these are standard on any ecommerce platform.

Thanks

1 week 1 day ago #22797 by gregp
Hi Guys , 

Letting you know in 8.503 we have added the following enhancements to the facebook pixel tracking.

'AddToCart' event when user lands on the shop/verify page.
 'InitiateCheckout' event when user lands on the shop/address page.
 'AddPaymentInfo' event when user lands on the shop/confirm page.
 'Purchase' event was already being added when landing on the shop/order_complete page
 'Registration' event when a new user registers and lands back at the home page after registration.

Cheers,
Greg

1 week 1 day ago #22798 by DigiTees
Awesome thanks Greg. Any chance of adding ViewContent in there? That's the main one to use for retargeting.

Standard pixel code -- Products (Event: Views)The sample code assumes the FB pixel base code is already loaded. You can add the following event code in your Facebook pixel.No pixel code defined for event: Views in Products

Time to create page: 0.136 seconds