× Ask and contribute to general questions and how-to for DecoNetwork products.

All of our websites have been down for over an hour

2 months 2 weeks ago #21371 by fatcobra
All of our websites have been down for about an hour and Deco will not answer their phones on a Wednesday at 10 am pacific time.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #21372 by BayshoreBrands
Replied by BayshoreBrands on topic All of our websites have been down for over an hour
Ours are down as well. Clicked on their chat and they said it is system wide and they are working on the issue...

Mark Holland
Bayshore Brands
www.bayshorebrands.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: fatcobra

2 months 2 weeks ago #21373 by EvaK
I've been down for about 3 hours now.

2 months 2 weeks ago #21374 by mirandajk
Ours are down as well and no one is answering for us on our end, sat on hold for over 10minutes before I got a message saying that they were having technical difficulties

2 months 2 weeks ago #21375 by EvaK
I don't know how or why, but one of the computers [on the same network] is still connected and seems to be working, but I cannot connect from my desktop or the laptop or any other computer.
What is going on?

2 months 2 weeks ago #21376 by fatcobra
Oddly one of our sub domain sites is still up as well as the business hub. But on further investigation it looks like we've been down for closer to 3.5 hours. Deco will not answer their phones or respond to our support ticket. Obviously they're on lock-down mode as they get Brenden and others out of bed to feed the hamsters that power their servers.

2 months 2 weeks ago #21377 by fatcobra
just got this from deco......

It appears that there is an issue with our non-secure domain listings. As a short-term workaround, please use (your store).secure-decoration.com to log in and use BusinessHub. Our system is restarting other internal URL's (those using deco-apparel) in order to restore service. These sites (secure-decoration and non-custom URLs) will be up and running automatically throughout the day.

The issue is related to Domain Settings. Please check on your domain provider's site that your custom domains have a CNAME record of store.deco-apparel.com for both your regular domain and any subdomains you may have. This may take time to propagate throughout your system, and we appreciate your patience as we further work to resolve this issue.

Feel free to respond to this ticket if you have any other issues with this in the next forty-eight(48) hours.

I'm always happy to help!

Thank you,
Shelby Benfield
DecoNetwork Client Services

2 months 2 weeks ago #21378 by BayshoreBrands
Replied by BayshoreBrands on topic All of our websites have been down for over an hour
Is the CNAME record of store.deco-apparel.com a new requirement?

Mark Holland
Bayshore Brands
www.bayshorebrands.com

2 months 2 weeks ago #21379 by ccruz
Hello all there was a DDoS incident on our primary server IP address. We have redirected out default domains to a fallback IP address. If your site is using a custom domain you would need to adjust your DNS records. For more info check out our blog post:

www.deconetwork.com/blog/ddos-incident-fix/

-Cris

2 months 2 weeks ago #21380 by BayshoreBrands
Should the CNAME record at the hostname www pointing to store.deco-apparel.com replace the one pointing to store.deconetwork.com?

Mark Holland
Bayshore Brands
www.bayshorebrands.com

2 months 2 weeks ago #21381 by ccruz
Hey Mark,

Both point to the same server. We prefer to share store.deco-apparel.com now as licensees didn't like to have the deconetwork branding in the domain setup instructions. Might as well change it if you're already in there but it's not a requirement in your case.

-Cris

2 months 2 weeks ago #21382 by ccruz
Hi all,

We just published this information as a help article with more record scenarios like subdomain and global site domain. help.deconetwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/360007555454

-Cris

2 months 2 weeks ago #21384 by EvaK

ccruz wrote: Hello all there was a DDoS incident on our primary server IP address. We have redirected out default domains to a fallback IP address. If your site is using a custom domain you would need to adjust your DNS records. For more info check out our blog post:

www.deconetwork.com/blog/ddos-incident-fix/

-Cris

Thanks Cris, it worked, I can log in now. Are the changes to the DNS that are described on the blog should be permanent? Is there anything else that should be changed?

Eva

2 months 2 weeks ago - 2 months 2 weeks ago #21385 by ccruz
Hey Eva,

The fallback IP address (66.135.58.24) will continue to work once the primary one comes back online but I would recommend switching the A record back to the primary IP address (66.135.58.20) once it's back online. The cname records can be left unchanged we will redirect those back to our primary IP from address once it's back online.

-Cris

2 months 2 weeks ago #21390 by ccruz
Hi all, the primary IP address is back online this morning.

-Cris

Time to create page: 0.174 seconds