× Ask and contribute to general questions and how-to for DecoNetwork products.

Fix Price override issue.

4 months 4 weeks ago - 4 months 4 weeks ago #21863 by mozi1971
Fix Price override issue. was created by mozi1971
Overriding a price in DN is a very challenging process.  Once I override the price, DN seems to reverse engineer the discount calculation to compensate for the new price and adds a static discount price instead of a percentage discount. The problem with this method is that every time we update the quantity my override price gets changed. This is a major problem because we sometimes have to change quantity multiple times  and constantly have to keep an eye on the price. And if we forget to change the price after quantity update we run into another issue, we forget what the negotiated price was.

Solution: I see 2 possible solutions to this
1. Instead of updating the discount to $ value, change it to percentage and this way my override price will almost always hold. It WON'T hold if I change decoration though.
2. Disable all calculation. My override price is the "MIGHT". No matter how much quantity I change or what sizes I add or what decoration I add or remove, DO NOT change my override price. (this would be my preferred option). Your system is already Highlighting the filed letting us know that the price is overridden which is good enough.

I have been trying to get all my sales team to move from Quickbooks to DN and they won't because they find DN very intimidating. Few simple fixes will make it possible for me to switch them over. So please take this as an urgent request.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 months 4 weeks ago #21876 by gregp
Replied by gregp on topic Fix Price override issue.
Hey,

Great feedback... Keep them coming as we have the same goals... get everyone using BH.
I am passing through the team for an internal discussion.
Im thinking we may be able to strat addings ome BH settings which let you configure how these things work...

Ill keep you posted.

Greg

4 months 3 weeks ago #21881 by mozi1971
Replied by mozi1971 on topic Fix Price override issue.
I agree, an option is setting would be best

Thanks

4 months 6 days ago #21957 by mozi1971
HI Greg
any update from you discussion?. Should I look forward to this in the next update

4 months 6 days ago #21962 by gregp
Hi,

This isn't included in 8.010.
I am however pushing it for 8.011

Note , its a non trivial update that can often causes more issues than resolves , however I am pushing for it :)..

Cheres,
Greg

4 months 6 days ago #21970 by mozi1971
Thank you for this great news. I will also remind of of the other request that touches the same area

4 months 6 days ago #21976 by gregp
8.010 ( should be live next week) , has the decoration price hover popup when viewing an order.. as you requested :).

You can check 8.010 release notes here  help.deconetwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/3...-8-010-release-notes

4 months 5 days ago #21979 by mozi1971
That is great news. Thanks

1 month 2 weeks ago #22213 by mozi1971
Hello Greg,

This missed the last 2 updates. You think it will be part of 8.5 release

6 days 21 hours ago #22384 by mozi1971
Just want t remind you that I am still desperately waiting for this fix

Thanks

1 day 17 hours ago #22394 by gregp
We have started development for this on 8.501

When overriding a line item total or grand total you can click lock price. This means no further adjustments will effect that total.

:).

Cheers,
Greg

22 hours 6 minutes ago #22398 by mozi1971
That would be perfect.

I don't want to sound picky but there is another issue in that area that doesn't make sense to me. Maybe its possible you can discuss it with your team also and see if you guys agree with my assessment. So when there is no discount the final price is displayed in the "Unit Price" column but when there is a discount then the final price is displayed in the "Discounted unit Price" column that to me makes no sense. All the final prices should be displayed in 1 column therefore It makes more sense to always display the final price in the "discounted unit price" column. 

I think your argument might be that if discount is 0% then why display it. My argument is that you are already forced to do that when I add a second line that has a discount then you are forced to display the price if first line item in "discounted unit price" column to the customer.

My point is that customer only sees 1 column for all final pricing. I am suggesting the same for business hub also.

At this time this is not the most crucial request so don't delay the above request for this fix. If this is going to be too much trouble then forget it. I will bring up again later in the future.

Thanks for listening and always responding

16 hours 13 minutes ago #22399 by gregp
Great feedback , and really we already have a solution for this as you can edit the pdf templates in html to configure t how you like.

You will be able to change so it just displays 1 column all the time. (knowledge of basic html required).

I remember we added the discounted column a while back based of user feedback.... unfortunately everyone has different requirements , trying our best :)

Reach out of you need help with template :)

Cheers,
Greg

15 hours 31 minutes ago #22403 by mozi1971
Yes I know that customers view can be edited, but that is not what I was talking about fixing. I was referring to Business hub view. Anyways, I don't want to cause further confusion on this matter. Once you give me my above 2 request:
1. Price override issue and 
2. Price Display Issue

I will bring up this topic then. I think once you implement Price Display issue you will notice what I was talking about.

Sorry for the confusion
The following user(s) said Thank You: gregp

10 hours 55 minutes ago - 10 hours 46 minutes ago #22406 by gregp
Note , We are coding the price override function - (ability to tick lock price and price never changes) , not sure what the price display issue was..? looking over previous comments didn't provide me clarity sorry :(.

Greg

Time to create page: 0.148 seconds