× Ask and contribute to general questions and how-to for DecoNetwork products.

Fix Price override issue.

2 months 4 weeks ago - 2 months 4 weeks ago #21863 by mozi1971
Fix Price override issue. was created by mozi1971
Overriding a price in DN is a very challenging process.  Once I override the price, DN seems to reverse engineer the discount calculation to compensate for the new price and adds a static discount price instead of a percentage discount. The problem with this method is that every time we update the quantity my override price gets changed. This is a major problem because we sometimes have to change quantity multiple times  and constantly have to keep an eye on the price. And if we forget to change the price after quantity update we run into another issue, we forget what the negotiated price was.

Solution: I see 2 possible solutions to this
1. Instead of updating the discount to $ value, change it to percentage and this way my override price will almost always hold. It WON'T hold if I change decoration though.
2. Disable all calculation. My override price is the "MIGHT". No matter how much quantity I change or what sizes I add or what decoration I add or remove, DO NOT change my override price. (this would be my preferred option). Your system is already Highlighting the filed letting us know that the price is overridden which is good enough.

I have been trying to get all my sales team to move from Quickbooks to DN and they won't because they find DN very intimidating. Few simple fixes will make it possible for me to switch them over. So please take this as an urgent request.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 3 weeks ago #21876 by gregp
Replied by gregp on topic Fix Price override issue.
Hey,

Great feedback... Keep them coming as we have the same goals... get everyone using BH.
I am passing through the team for an internal discussion.
Im thinking we may be able to strat addings ome BH settings which let you configure how these things work...

Ill keep you posted.

Greg

2 months 3 weeks ago #21881 by mozi1971
Replied by mozi1971 on topic Fix Price override issue.
I agree, an option is setting would be best

Thanks

2 months 5 days ago #21957 by mozi1971
HI Greg
any update from you discussion?. Should I look forward to this in the next update

2 months 5 days ago #21962 by gregp
Hi,

This isn't included in 8.010.
I am however pushing it for 8.011

Note , its a non trivial update that can often causes more issues than resolves , however I am pushing for it :)..

Cheres,
Greg

2 months 5 days ago #21970 by mozi1971
Thank you for this great news. I will also remind of of the other request that touches the same area

2 months 5 days ago #21976 by gregp
8.010 ( should be live next week) , has the decoration price hover popup when viewing an order.. as you requested :).

You can check 8.010 release notes here  help.deconetwork.com/hc/en-us/articles/3...-8-010-release-notes

2 months 4 days ago #21979 by mozi1971
That is great news. Thanks

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds