× Ask and contribute to general questions and how-to for DecoNetwork products.

Refunds and credits

1 month 4 weeks ago #22038 by DigiTees
Refunds and credits was created by DigiTees
Does anyone have a workaround for how to deal with customers who cancel part of the order, or part of the order is not available so it needs to be split, and instead of a refund they want store credit?

I know we have to manually enter the store credit, and I know how to apply it to the new order, but I'm left with the initial order saying Refund required. 

It's ok if they paid by bank transfer because I can click Refund but not process the refund.
But with credit cards, it will automatically issue a refund, which is not what I want.

Previous support tickets have advised to alter the grand total amount so that there's no refund required but that means the invoice is wrong, because it's for the full amount.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks
Niki

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 4 weeks ago #22039 by ccruz
Replied by ccruz on topic Refunds and credits
Have you tried adding an extra charged labeled credit to customer account instead?

-Cris

1 month 4 weeks ago #22042 by Sewsublime
Replied by Sewsublime on topic Refunds and credits
This is what we do, its a work around but should have the option to apply this as a credit and not a refund on the customer account, is this complicated on Deco's part end to do this? Would also need some way of syncing this through to the accounts software as well as when this happens its a pain.

Daren

1 month 4 weeks ago #22043 by DigiTees
Replied by DigiTees on topic Refunds and credits
Thanks guys, will try this. I agree with Daren though, if it could work properly that would be great.

2 weeks 6 days ago #22141 by SDCARGO4
Replied by SDCARGO4 on topic Refunds and credits
From an accounting point of view, I agree, and would like to know what to do when a client returns part of an order wanting to leave the funds on account until their next order.   
All I can do is put the refund in as STORE CREDIT, but because DN does not do Credit Notes, I have to be vigilant to create a Credit Note in Quickbooks.
That, however, doesn't help the sales person using DN who cannot see or print off a proper Client Account Status report should said client ask for it.  It also means people are sloppy about entering items returned to stock.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds