× Ask and contribute to general questions and how-to for DecoNetwork products.

Navigation Menu

1 week 3 days ago #22075 by familyfanclub
Navigation Menu was created by familyfanclub
Question / looking for suggestions on Navigation Menu.  

My expectation is that when a menu item is selected, that only the item I have selected is highlighted.  So if there is a nested menu, a child and a parent, that when I hover over the child, that only the child menu is highlighted.  I think this is standard website UX. 

With DN, on my site ( www.familyfanclub.net/   Schools-->Longmont Trojans Band  with child pages I Heart Radio and LT Band is an example) and I'm using default simple navigation menu, when I select the parent, it highlights the parent and the child. When I move cursor over the child, the url displayed in lower corner of browser is correct, however no matter what do with my cursor....the parent & child are always selected.

I've looked at the specify, content and page width menu options for dropdown menu, but that's not really what I'm looking for either. 

I really want simple navigation and simple maintenance.  

1.  Is there a way to make the simple navigation option work so that only the selected menu item is selected?  CSS or other custom option to only select the menu option that I'm highlighting?  For example, if I select LT Band, that only LT Band is highlighted?

2.  Would others share examples of what they're doing with menu navigation and what navigation menu option you're using?  Maybe some inspiration of what's possible with the more advanced options will get creative juices flowing.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 days 19 hours ago #22077 by gregp
Replied by gregp on topic Navigation Menu
Hi,

Let me get my guys to look into this one for you and hopefully we can come up with something relatively quickly.
I will keep you in the loop.

Cheers,
Greg

5 days 4 minutes ago #22089 by familyfanclub
Replied by familyfanclub on topic Navigation Menu
Thank you Greg.

4 days 19 hours ago #22090 by gregp
Replied by gregp on topic Navigation Menu
We have resolved this in 8.012 , which should be in ALPHA next week :)

Greg

Time to create page: 0.115 seconds