× Ask and contribute to general questions and how-to for DecoNetwork products.

The one thing with Deco that is driving me nuts...

3 weeks 1 day ago #22212 by marylandprinthouse
The one thing with Deco that is driving me nuts... was created by marylandprinthouse
Hey all,

I'm curious as to if any of you have found a workaround for artwork approvals. This is the only thing structurally holding back and killing our processes as a company. I really need the ability to link them to a quote as we need to do that artwork based on an hourly rate so we typically have them pay for their order after they have approved the art anyways. I'm OK with the losses incurred if they walk and get that risk. I do NOT want to move all account terms over to COD because that essentially ruins the point of having POs... since it's not technically an order yet.

Another cool solution would be to have two payment steps - art auto charge ($25) - then an artwork approval is generated associated with a quote.

As you all know this is currently only possible when they have approved the quote and the order is payed for (for due on receipt). I can't lie, the artwork approval process is beautiful as an order, but terrible when they are all custom.

What is my solution here?

Thanks in advance!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 weeks 23 hours ago #22214 by gregp
Hi,

Just a quick suggestion is to create a standalone artwork job for teh quote , and link through notes and what not..?
This way customer can still approve and you can get art done, then manually copy out and replace in quote once approved.

Ill have a chat to team about how we could possibly link an artwork job to a quote thats not in production yet.. sounds like a really big workflow change.

Greg

3 weeks 23 hours ago #22215 by marylandprinthouse
Replied by marylandprinthouse on topic The one thing with Deco that is driving me nuts...
That's what we do currently.

I mean it could be as simple as having the ability to associate the artwork approval to a quote in the system. The workflow is ideal, however it is not realistic with the expectations of customers in this industry. They always have to see mockups first and are more than likely not paying before seeing them so having the ability to actually link it to a quote would be an easier workflow change. It could also pull the same layout it pulls now (Designer) etc. with an order artwork approval and update the quote with the new design that was approved. 

It requires far too much formatting from the sales team and the artwork team to be consistent with the way it is currently setup.

3 weeks 23 hours ago #22217 by gregp
I can see what you mean and will discuss with team.

However what suggesting is a substantial change, So much is happening under the hood in Deco with each order and workflow , so I cant say it will happen anytime soon.
Ill put my thinking cap on to see what we can do...

Cheers,
Greg

3 weeks 22 hours ago #22218 by gregp
After discussing with team , 

it may not be a hard as I initially thought.. 1 days coding  / testing possibly.
We could add a system wide setting for artwork approvals that would allow them to flow into the stage straight away,

Good news..?

Greg
The following user(s) said Thank You: marylandprinthouse

3 weeks 22 hours ago #22219 by marylandprinthouse
Replied by marylandprinthouse on topic The one thing with Deco that is driving me nuts...
THAT'S AMAZING. I'm so stoked. This changes everything

3 weeks 7 hours ago #22221 by marylandprinthouse
If you can keep me up to date on the turnaround time of the project that'd be awesome, as I'd implement a new workflow immediately.

2 weeks 3 days ago #22223 by gregp
Will do :)

2 weeks 18 hours ago #22238 by gregp
This is now in 8.013...

Let me know if you want to move up and I can after the weekend :)

Cheers,
Greg

2 weeks 7 hours ago #22239 by marylandprinthouse
That'd be great. Please do!

1 week 4 days ago #22240 by gregp
Hi,

You are now on 8.013.
To activate the new setting go to Settings > Production and order settings > Quote, Order and invoice settings.

On that page a new setting is shown at bottom "Allow quotes and orders not yet paid to have artwork appear in artwork approval"  , ticking this will get the artwork approvals to behave as requested :)

Cheers,
Greg

1 week 4 days ago - 1 week 4 days ago #22243 by marylandprinthouse
I noticed that for embroidery this does not hold to be true. There is no way to add a title/description for the approval, which complicates the workflow (We have to add an internal note, which will work for now.). It works great for screenprinting though!

The workflow is as follow:

Sales Rep/Secretary
Enters Quote with placeholder/shitty low res art (LOL most common)
Checks box to Title and Description for what needs to be done.
Adds attachment to the quote for artist reference (This is where it complicates things. We should have the ability to check mark and hide the attachments from the customer side if possible)

Artist
Checks artwork approvals
Sends artwork approval
Customer Approves
Automatically updates quote with art

Sales Rep
Sees artwork was approved
Checks quote to verify proper pricing/mockup
Sends to client

Also, is there a chance that we could incorporate some type of artwork approval process similar to a custom artwork approval for free-form products so they are at least associated with an order? Maybe add as attachment to quote or just no design in the quote?

1 week 3 days ago #22244 by gregp
Hey,  are you hijacking the original request for artwork approvals to appear earlier with more functionality.. ;).

Both noted and they are substantial improvements so let me see if I can squeeze them in for 8.5 :)

Cheers,
Greg

2 days 21 minutes ago #22289 by ckpprinting
Replied by ckpprinting on topic The one thing with Deco that is driving me nuts...
I have this exact issue as well and am thrilled it has been resolved! Is there any way to move me to 8.013 as well? I am currently on 8.012.

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds