× Ask and contribute to general questions and how-to for DecoNetwork products.

Production times for different processes

2 months 3 weeks ago #22418 by DigiTees
I was really surprised to learn today that you can't set different production time frames for different decoration processes.

For example DTG is a much faster turnaround than Embroidery or Screenprinting.

How do other stores get around this, and communicate the different timings to the customer?

Do you put the longest timeframe in as the production working days?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 2 weeks ago #22425 by DigiTees
Replied by DigiTees on topic Production times for different processes
Anyone?

2 months 2 weeks ago #22426 by Sewsublime
Replied by Sewsublime on topic Production times for different processes
I'm very surprised you are surprised:)  we just use the maximum production time. or amend the orders if they need it quicker

Cheers Daren
The following user(s) said Thank You: DigiTees

2 months 2 weeks ago #22427 by DigiTees
Replied by DigiTees on topic Production times for different processes
Lol :)

But isn't it a turnoff for online DTG customers who will see their order is not due to ship for two weeks?

I was mainly surprised because you can set the production times for Product Defaults eg Caps, but not for the actual process which is what the timeframe is based on - doesn't make sense to me.
I mean I guess you could have a Product Default for DTG Caps, and one for Embroidered caps, but that would mean duplicating all the products.

1 month 3 weeks ago #22509 by info@shirtdesign.dk
Replied by info@shirtdesign.dk on topic Production times for different processes
I agree, and this has been a pain for us, for all the years we have been with Deco (since 2013). - We do a lot of DTG prints with our Kornit, and also have Transfers and Screen print. - It could be great to have different production times for DTG and Screen. - We simply do have screen on deco because of this, and only transfers and DTG. - We need to manually quote customers for screen jobs.

My customers expect us to ship on time (the date the systems calculates) so we can't just call them and say tha screen is another week.- Cant also have maximum time on the site, since my DTG customers already seems to think that 1 week turnaround is a long time. - So 2 weeks would scary a lot of DTG customers.

Agree. - different productions times would really help a lot. :)

1 month 2 weeks ago #22519 by sahaka
Replied by sahaka on topic Production times for different processes
Showing the various production times is very important. While it is safe to use the max time for all processes because you can always deliver early, it will definitely turn away customers that need a fast production time. Even if you can do the faster production, they have no way of knowing that.  

Time to create page: 0.104 seconds