× Ask and contribute to general questions and how-to for DecoNetwork products.

BETA testers for 8.5 ..?

4 weeks 1 day ago #22498 by eve2media
BETA testers for 8.5 ..? was created by eve2media
Morning all, 

Can I ask what the plan is for the Campaign option? 

Last night I was putting together a quote for a client for whom the Campaign idea would have been perfect, but I couldn't get it to work in the way I had hoped. 

The scenario is that this is a church youth group. They want to sell 3 different designs of Hoodie for the young people to wear and they ideally want them to buy them over the next year, but especially before a large festival they're all going on together in a few weeks time. 

So they wanted just 3 hoodie designs, with an option of colours and an option of hoodies. Each hoodie will have the young person's name customised on the back. All things Deconetwork can do really easily. 

When I created the campaign I was able to add one design on one hoodie, and then I couldn't do anything more. I also couldn't format the campaign to show in any other way than highlighting the financial target to be reached. This aspect was irrelevant for them and actually not very helpful at all as it's not about making money. What they really wanted was an easy sign up option for the families to buy a hoodie and do the customisation for their young person. 

I could setup an affiliate store for them of course, but that seems like overkill in this instance. 

So my question is ... What is the plan with the campaign option? I can see it being really useful if the functionality was increased somewhat. I recognise this is a beta version, so it may well not be complete yet. What I saw last night though seemed VERY limited indeed and I couldn't quite see where or how I would implement it for anyone. 

Just some thoughts! 

cheers, 
Evan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 weeks 1 day ago #22500 by eve2media
Replied by eve2media on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
Sorry - I thought I'd posted this in the Beta 8.5 thread. Hmmmm. No idea why it's here. 

3 weeks 6 days ago #22501 by ccruz
Replied by ccruz on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
Hey Evan, we moved your post into it's own topic as it's outside the scope of the 8.5 update this way that topic doesn't get off track. Feel free to discuss campaign improvement ideas here. We would like to continue to improve campaigns over time but for now I would suggest to go ahead and create a affiliate store for this purpose. You can really simplify an affiliate store by turning off most pages except the decorated products page. This in turn gives you very similar functionality to a campaign store minus the goal progress bar.

-Cris

2 weeks 1 day ago #22524 by mozi1971
Replied by mozi1971 on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
Any idea when 8.5 will be released

1 week 4 days ago #22536 by gregp
Replied by gregp on topic BETA testers for 8.5 ..?
We are just taking it slowly , as some minor issues still arise from time to time.
If you are interested in moving up we can move you up. We now have around 30 customers running commercially.

Greg

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds