× Ask and contribute to general questions and how-to for DecoNetwork products.

Lock old orders

1 week 4 days ago #22663 by mozi1971
Lock old orders was created by mozi1971
In Quickbooks there is a feature that locks old invoices. Can we implement the same in Deco so after certain period no one except admin can change a closed order.

We ran into 2 situations that made me realize the need for this feature.

1. Sales person went back to an old order trying to fix something and didn't realize that it created a refund for the customer, I caught this 15 days later and couldn't remember what the original order was

2. I was trying to copy an old order to create a new repeat order. had to answer a phone call in the middle and forgot that I had not created a copy yet and accidentally started making quantity changes to the original order. Right after I hit save, i realized the blunder I made. A lock feature would have prevented that.

Even for Admin there should be some safety so even I cannot accidentally make that mistake

Mozi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 3 days ago #22669 by gregp
Replied by gregp on topic Lock old orders
Would be a nice feature to Automatically archive old complete orders.
These are locked unless admin explicitly unlocks them..

Thoughts , how long should it take before archived?

1 week 3 days ago #22672 by 2LiveCards
Replied by 2LiveCards on topic Lock old orders
You'd maintain ability to copy old orders though? 

Plenty of customers every 6 or 12 months from order to order so would want that capability saved.

1 week 2 days ago #22676 by mozi1971
Replied by mozi1971 on topic Lock old orders
I like the Archive idea and yes the ability to be able to copy archive order must not disappear. As for time line I think it makes most sense to have this option in the settings page. I personally would prefer 30 days after the order is closed and shipped but I can see others wanting to have their own preference.

6 days 15 hours ago #22688 by akbluemoose
Replied by akbluemoose on topic Lock old orders
What about setting this as a user selectable option. The user (admin) can select to turn on or off the cron job and set the number of days an order has to be closed, paid, and shipped before it locks it. Of course have it so an admin can unlock the job and make edits if needed. 

6 days 15 hours ago #22689 by gregp
Replied by gregp on topic Lock old orders
Sounds like something that needs to be configured.
- Days after order has been completed it is locked ( requiring admin to unlock).

Sometimes I think Deco was overengineered , allowing you to arbitrarily edit the order at any stage throughout the workflow... Just saying :).

Greg
The following user(s) said Thank You: akbluemoose

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds