× Ask and contribute to general questions and how-to for DecoNetwork products.

Multiple contact for company needs imporvement

1 week 3 days ago #22665 by mozi1971
I was trying to use multiple contact for company feature and did not find it easy to use. There has to be some connection between the "Add new customer" screen and company contact.  thought about it and I think following 2 enhancements will make it much better

1. I already have a lot of customer accounts with company name. Since you have not used our existing accounts to auto populate the company list at-least make it easy for us to do so. Currently the way to do it would be to create a new company again and enter all the basic contact information again. This process will be tedious and very time consuming. To make it easy you can give us an option in existing customer account to create a new company for that contact. Once selected it auto creates a new company and and attaches the contact to it

2. If I am getting ready to write a quote for a new contact, I would have to go to the company first and create the new contact and then go to the quote to use that contact. Why this back and forth. It would make much more sense if when I choose the option to "add new contact" it should ask me if the new contact should belong to an existing company and if I choose yes, it should auto populate the contact information with the company i selected.

Let me know your thought on this

Mozi
The following user(s) said Thank You: DigiTees

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 week 3 days ago #22667 by gregp
Hey great feedback.

We didn't want to auto populate your company list. We ran through trials of this using real customer data and it ends up a mess. Lots of same / fake companies / blank and whatnot.

1. Good idea ( creating a company from f=an existing contact). Was discussed and dropped due to extra development time and schedule to get out. I can raise it up again ( but like everything developing this puts other things behind).. All a balance.
2. Agreed, and this one is super important. Ability to add a contact to existing company when creating order / quote , adding to devs list.

Cheers for feedback , and will make sure we get onto the add new contact / company ASAP.

Greg

1 week 3 days ago #22673 by 2LiveCards
Replied by 2LiveCards on topic Multiple contact for company needs imporvement
As haven't shipped over to 8 yet haven't tried feature (but ready for it)

Can you answer:
1/ do saved / previous designs stay specific for contact rather than for blanket across company? (we have 100+ branch contacts for one customer all with personalised designs)

2/ Can you set generic designs for the main account? (75% use one generic logo for certain types of workwear)

3/ Would new contacts get access to the generic designs (if it exists)

cheers

1 week 19 hours ago #22679 by gregp
Hi,

The designs stay specific to the contact at the moment. They aren't shared company wide.. good future improvement no doubt.
The grouping of customers under a company allows for 1 billing address and 1 account that is payable , plus configuration of who gets what emails and can pay bills within company.

I can see down the track adding company wide designs would be very handy.

Greg
The following user(s) said Thank You: 2LiveCards

6 days 11 hours ago #22691 by 2LiveCards
Replied by 2LiveCards on topic Multiple contact for company needs imporvement
Can we "import" existing contacts in to companies (bit of merge) or do we have to set them all up individually? We've one client with about 200 branch contacts............ 

6 days 3 hours ago #22692 by mozi1971
Replied by mozi1971 on topic Multiple contact for company needs imporvement
This feature also needs multiple shipping address per company/contact account. We have accounts where order comes form corporate but needs to be shipped to different locations. Right now we are just changing shipping address manually every time. Its frustrating having to enter same shipping address repeatedly that we have used before

5 days 18 hours ago #22696 by gregp
Two answers here.

At the moment we haven't tweaked import of contacts into companies. You would have to import them as normal contacts and manually assign.

Each customer within a company can have an independant shipping address from the company entity. I am guessing though you would like separate shipping addresses stored against each contact within a company.?

Cheers,
Greg

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds