× Ask and contribute to general questions and how-to for DecoNetwork products.

Product filter by Tags

1 month 3 weeks ago #22809 by mozi1971
Product filter by Tags was created by mozi1971
I like the new feature where customers can now filter the product. However it seems like you are using categories to create filters. This not only gets confusing but also gives conflicting results. For example if you select Cotton tees from you T-shirt sub category and then you select performance in category filter, you then end up seeing cotton and polyester shirts.

Don't you think it would have made lot more sense to use tags for filtering? Let me know what you think about tags idea or is there a better way to handle the above situation that I am not thinking of.

Mozi

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

1 month 3 weeks ago #22810 by gregp
Replied by gregp on topic Product filter by Tags
Hey Mozi,

If you are using the faceted search, and the category widget  you will get mixed results, they don't work together nicely and cant. Suggest only using 1.
Agreed implementing tags would be a good way forward.

Greg

1 month 3 weeks ago #22811 by mozi1971
Replied by mozi1971 on topic Product filter by Tags
SO how do I disable sub category view and only use filters

1 month 3 weeks ago #22813 by gregp
If you edit the page you can delete the category widget.
And in your filter widget , make sure you have categories turned on.

If you need help I can jump in and activate for you :)

Greg

1 month 2 weeks ago #22815 by mozi1971
I figured it out. I will be waiting for filter using tags.

One more question regarding filter issue: When I select 2 subcategory options it applies OR condition between them instead of AND condition. For example if I select subcategory V-Neck and POCKET, I would expect the result to be only those styles that are available in both categories. Is that possible? If not can we make it possible

Mozi

1 month 2 weeks ago #22820 by gregp
Some conditions make sense to be an AND and some an OR. We thought for most use cases an OR makes sense for categories.
That's our thinking , I can imagine down the line you may be able to configure between and / Or.

Greg

1 month 2 weeks ago #22823 by mozi1971
Hello Greg,

I am not sure if I agree with that. As a customer if I want to see all options for V-neck and pocket I can easily browse the 2 categories individually and see all the options. However, when I am trying to narrow down to a product that is V-neck and has a pocket then I will have to go to each product in that category to read the details. If you look at S&S website you will notice that they also use the AND logic which makes it very easy for us to find the product.

Mozi

3 weeks 4 days ago #22877 by texasscreen
Replied by texasscreen on topic Product filter by Tags
Hey, How come this is not available for Premium users? It's one of the key functions overall.

3 weeks 1 day ago #22881 by ccruz
Replied by ccruz on topic Product filter by Tags
Hey texassreen, good news the filter widget has been added to the Premium plan. You should be able to drop it onto your blank product page now from the widgets panel.

-Cris

Time to create page: 0.142 seconds