× Post a link to your DecoNetwork website for feedback and review from the community and other DecoNetwork site owners.

Fundraising site please take a look!

4 years 10 months ago - 4 years 10 months ago #3358 by allaykat
Fundraising site please take a look! was created by allaykat
Hello I believe we are moving now on dn and have something to show If you have a moment to peruse the following site would be appreciated

quebec2014.iengravedit.net (Edited by Brenden)

Any comments appreciated even positive ones!!

Quite often I feel there is a elephant in the room and I can't see it , and in this case I fell like I missed something with this site I was trying to keep it clean and simple for the process to really flow.

Al

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #3380 by adam.bennett
Replied by adam.bennett on topic Fundraising site please take a look!
that address isn't working for me

4 years 10 months ago #3382 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic Fundraising site please take a look!
Wrong URL. :) I've edited the post. Here it is again: quebec2014.iengravedit.net

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

4 years 10 months ago #3384 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic Fundraising site please take a look!
Hi there,

First impression is nice and clean. I like the description of the process which is really helpful. The image, though, doesn't add any SEO benefit. For example,someone looking for the site might type in Google "WMEMS fundraiser" or something similar.

I would therefore as a minimum change the opening like "It's simple! In just a few steps, you can..." to real text and include the word fundraiser or other words you think others might type.

You could use Google fonts ( www.google.com/fonts ) for some nice web font styles as well. See blog.deconetwork.com/2012/06/18/using-go...deconetwork-website/

I would remove the 'Add to cart' button as most of your products can be customized and someone might accidentally purchase one that say "NAME" instead of personalizing it.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

4 years 10 months ago #3540 by MSGINC89
Replied by MSGINC89 on topic Fundraising site please take a look!
I love that graphic - simple to understand. Honestly, SEO doesn't seem like a huge issue to me. While you might have someone forget the URL to order, it isn't a cause/site where you are looking to reach a widespread audience. Most of the kids going on the trip will share the link on FB and with friends/family to help them pay for their portion of the trip.

Changing the graphic to real text for SEO benefits SHOULD be on your main site if you use a similar image.

I might use that graphic for inspiration to create something for my sites. :)

Kristine

Time to create page: 0.124 seconds