Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× Post a link to your DecoNetwork website for feedback and review from the community and other DecoNetwork site owners.

Adding a blog to DecoNetwork

6 years 2 months ago #8393 by adam.bennett
Adding a blog to DecoNetwork was created by adam.bennett
We added a blog to our main website today to give us a better place for conversational content about our products and abilities (and to add content/fuel for social engagement)

We built it using Ghost on a Digital Ocean VPS (their smallest droplet for $5/mo is more than enough to run it)

There is even an option to launch your VPS with Ghost pre-installed.

Setup took about two hours total, and the benefits of the platform include:
  • Responsive Framework
  • Content Focused (not so many options/plugins/extensions as other blog platforms- I'm looking at you Wordpress)
  • Plenty of Free Themes

Also, Digital Ocean will let you build & host it for free with 2 months credit with this code: ALLSSD10 ($10 credit in a new account)

So I guess I'm challenging some of you to stop kvetching about what is/isn't included in DNv7 and start building things you CAN control to make your online business even better/stronger.
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego, mattnz

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

6 years 2 months ago #8399 by sajego
Replied by sajego on topic Re:Adding a blog to DecoNetwork
Good job and I agree. I haven't ever wanted deco to include a blog. There are plenty of good programs for that already.

---
Sara Gould
In A Flash Laser
iPadLaserEngraving.com
The following user(s) said Thank You: adam.bennett

6 years 2 months ago #8401 by adam.bennett
Replied by adam.bennett on topic Re:Adding a blog to DecoNetwork
Right, and if Deco DID add a blog, half the user base would just whine about the way it worked, and how they wish it did ten other things that OTHER blog platforms offer.

5 years 11 months ago #9468 by bill@volcanapparel.com
Replied by bill@volcanapparel.com on topic Adding a blog to DecoNetwork
Hello,

I'm a newbie to Deconetwork and blogging, but I would like to add a blog to my website. I however just have the basic Deconetwork package as I don't have enough sales volume built up yet to justify the money to have the ability to edit html, etc. Any suggestions of how to accomplish this? Should I actually create a separate website in Wordpress for the blog, about us pages, etc. and then link it to Deconetwork for the tshirt designer (which is the feature I want the most at this time)?

I want to spend most of my time on blogging and marketing, but not sure how to incorporate that into Deconetwork. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

5 years 11 months ago #9476 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic Re:Adding a blog to DecoNetwork

adam.bennett wrote: Right, and if Deco DID add a blog, half the user base would just whine about the way it worked, and how they wish it did ten other things that OTHER blog platforms offer.

Yeah and this is an honest issue. We're building an industry specific platform but then also people want it to be specific to their business. A tough challenge when every business is different.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego, alexheap

5 years 11 months ago #9601 by brenden
Hi,

See deconetwork.com/forums/general-questions...splay-in-deconetwork

Hopefully this answers a lot of questions and needs.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

5 years 11 months ago #9607 by StitchPrint
Replied by StitchPrint on topic Re:Adding a blog to DecoNetwork
:lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm good with these answers :lol: I currently have a sub-domain where I post (infrequently!) blog posts using wordpress and I'm happy with that as long as we can integrate it to my deco driven site. I don't need a built in blog on the platform. But the fact that it's been hinted at means I'm in a little bit of limbo ......

Brenden, maybe you've just hit it on the head ....... produce a garment decoration platform & forget the gizmo add ons. Do those where you might suggest an option & implementation strategy but make it clear that it's unsupported & won't be superceded by a custom built addition ;)
That way we all know where we stand, can follow our chosen route and get on with the business of decorating garments ;)

We've all got stuff we'd like in deco, but I think the core of the platform should be the ONLY priority ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: brenden, Justin86

5 years 11 months ago #9637 by brenden
Yep. There are so many needs for so many businesses, and it's not possible to do them all. But, what we're doing is opening more room for integration like this which will make the platform very flexible.

If you think this is great wait till you see what's happening with the new website page management.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

The following user(s) said Thank You: giftswp, Justin86

5 years 11 months ago #9639 by adam.bennett

brenden wrote: ...If you think this is great wait till you see what's happening with the new website page management.

There we go with the HINTS again about hot-button issues

5 years 11 months ago #9640 by alexheap
Replied by alexheap on topic Re:Adding a blog to DecoNetwork

brenden wrote:
If you think this is great wait till you see what's happening with the new website page management.

feeling like a kid on christmas eve again

Alex Heap

5 years 11 months ago #9641 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic Re:Adding a blog to DecoNetwork

alexheap wrote:

brenden wrote:

feeling like a kid on christmas eve again

With the difference that this time Christmas is around the corner, you may get to play with it on time... :P

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

5 years 11 months ago #9644 by brenden

adam.bennett wrote:

Sorry. I wont leak any more from now :)

But seriously I think this will answer many of the 'if only' questions people have.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

5 years 11 months ago #9645 by adam.bennett

brenden wrote:

But seriously I think this will answer many of the 'if only' questions people have.

But you seriously can't tell us what that means/is?

5 years 11 months ago - 5 years 11 months ago #9646 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic Re:Adding a blog to DecoNetwork

brenden wrote:

adam.bennett wrote:

Brenden,

I don't mind you leaking... information, clues, tips etc. of course. :P as long as you don't keep the mystery box close for to long. :)

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

5 years 11 months ago #9647 by brenden
We are still in the design/research/prototype phase so i cant give any specifics because nothing is set in stone. Just be assured we are aware of the limitations of our current page management and will be attempting to overcome them. This is a complete re-write of the way we do page management, taking in the lessons we have learnt over the last 5 years (that's how old the current page management is). Just be aware we are attempting something pretty special, but it will take time.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

The following user(s) said Thank You: giftswp, sajego

Time to create page: 0.146 seconds