× Post a link to your DecoNetwork website for feedback and review from the community and other DecoNetwork site owners.

Review Please

3 years 2 months ago #10866 by notjusttshirts1
Hi

www.printingandembroidery.co.uk

Just getting to grips with the website part of DecoNetwork, love the business hub, really making us more streamline in our production, no more finding worksheets under a box somewhere lol.

I Just want to know what you think of the look and what we can do to improve the visitor experience and get them buying!

I did visit a SEO forum and one member said there was "a bucket load of things wrong with the site" so would really appriciate any friendly advise.

I know it needs professional work but i'd like to do as much as i can myself.

We are a local store aswell as an online site so would like to get that across/

Cheers

Andy

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 months ago #10869 by StitchPrint
What can we say ................ :cheer: It's a deco network site :cheer:

Personally, I like where you're going with the border & the like, The big issue we all have is navigation & ensuring links / content are good enough to please G :unsure:

If I was a customer visiting your site I think my problem would be being bombarded with so much on the home page. You've got blank products, decorated products & designs all on there (we used to have that too, it's a common theme) & it's all a bit much. By the time it's all loaded & I've tried to find what I'm looking for I've hit my patience threshold & moved on :unsure:
We're waiting for a full rebuild, but holding it till the responsive versions become available before spending more on it, in the meantime we've started slimming down the menus & pages to something easy & intuitive for people to follow - take a look at stitchandprint.co.uk

For me, the key is figuring out what your business & website focus is about (I'm not convinced, especially in UK, that they're always the same!) and making that a reality. We're busy looking at how we target the website a lot more geographically, which seems to be where you're wanting yours to go too?
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego, notjusttshirts1

3 years 2 months ago #10870 by notjusttshirts1
Hi StitchPrint

Thank you for the advise, i can see what you are saying, i was going to simplify the categories but would i loose the products to do this. I tried to pick out the best sellers?
We also print banners etc so i would like to add pages for these services without making it too complicated. maybe have some categories with photos on the main front page linked to each category?
yeah with ours we have 95% local business at the moment so its got to appeal to them but we want to increase our online work.

Cheers

Andy

3 years 2 months ago #10875 by StitchPrint
As long as the products are set up in the categories they'll still be reachable, you can do that in your store without having them all shown on the home page :)

What I did was set up a category "uniform essentials" (or "featured products" is fine, it used to be that!) & put the products I wanted on the home page in there then selected that category to be the one that displayed. Hopefully there's an enhancement on the way where product categories will be able to displayed at home page level as icons rather than text driven menus B)

You can set up multiple pages inside of your deco site, so you can do a page specifically for "banner printing colchester" and make it really relevent for SEO purposes etc. with text & images. If you wanted (as i'm not sure it's there) you could, if you thought it worthwhile, set up a custom product in the system & allow on line ordering, but my guess is a page with a call to action (phone / contact form) would be sufficient as long a people found you first on a Google search for banner printing in Colchester search request?

3 years 2 months ago #10876 by StitchPrint
Chesterfield even! B)
The following user(s) said Thank You: notjusttshirts1

3 years 2 months ago #10878 by notjusttshirts1
Ah i see now its the "show in menu" check box, didn't know i could do that.

Your a star thank you! Will have a go at tidying my categories up tonight.

Time to create page: 0.153 seconds