New sport templates are great but...

2 months 2 weeks ago #22510 by OPM
Hi guys

Loving the direction of the soccer templates, they are a great improvement on the previous ones. Can you let us know why they are not showing up as available to us?
We only have one showing from the new ones. Is it to do with the number of colours? We have set ours at 6 colour as per our carousels but most of these new designs are listed as 7 or more? 
Or 9 as in the attached image? We can't work it as out as we don't see 9 colours in it?!

Keep up the good work - we are looking forward to seeing the new designs soon
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 months 1 week ago #22513 by gregp
Replied by gregp on topic New sport templates are great but...
Hi,

I am not sure without looking into your settings,
PM sent :)

Greg

2 months 1 week ago #22517 by familyfanclub
Replied by familyfanclub on topic New sport templates are great but...
I agree the sports templates are great, however there are some small items in the designs that make them unusable in some cases.  For example:

Baseball design:  World Tournament - The baseball in the world "WORLD" is part of the background image and as far as I can tell, I can't remove it.  I'd like to replace the world WORLD, including the baseball with say "CHAMPION", but I can't.

Same issue with World Baseball Tournament logo

• Proposed Solution:  Make the baseball in the word "WORLD" a separate image that can be removed if needed so that can replace the word WORLD with anything I or my customers would like.

Same for any other design that has similar situation.
Soccer design:  Champion Summer Soccer logo template - In this template, the word Soccer is not editable.  I'd like to see all of the text on the template be available for editing.  For example, if customer wanted to change it to Football or Futbol or Soccer Champs...that they can.
  • Proposed Solution:  Make all the text editable.  Same for any other design that has similar situation.
Some designs are not sport specific:  For example, Hoops Soccer has a soccer ball, but that design...if the ball was separated as an independent image could be replaced with a basketball, football, volleyball, etc...
  • Proposed Solution:  Where the design allows, make the clipart sport balls independent and interchangeable.  Offer the sport balls as clipart for interchangeability.
Generally, I'd like to have the templates available in the Template builder.  I can add text to the existing templates and save as decorated product, but if we could make these templates available in the template builder, that would be really nice.

Look forward to more templates!  I see a lot of potential here.

[/size]

2 months 1 week ago #22518 by gregp
Hi,

Great feedback and taking on board. We will make the elements interchangeable where possible.. ie a baseball clearly sitting on top of the design and not part of it. 
We will also make the letter "o" in World replaceable , and change text so its " W  ___ RLD" , , gives customers more flexibility.
Allowing designs to be editable in the template builder.. great idea , huge dev task unfortunately.

Greg

2 months 1 week ago #22521 by familyfanclub
Thanks Greg for the responsiveness, understand adding / making available for template builder, can make the templates work with decorated products.  

Appreciate the quick feedback.
The following user(s) said Thank You: gregp

2 months 3 days ago #22535 by gregp
One small update.. If you add a template to a decorated product , you can ungroup it and modify how you like.
Not quite as powerful as the template editor itself.. but stil pretty cool!

Greg

2 months 3 days ago #22539 by familyfanclub
Thanks Greg, figured that out and that's where the format / construction of the base images come into play.  For example The baseball in the world "WORLD" of the World Tournament template is part of the background image and as far as I can tell, I can't remove it (baseball) or ungroup.  

I'm working with the others, but is there a timeline on updating the World Tournament and others with similar limitation to separate the image components?

1 month 3 weeks ago #22570 by logowearco1
Replied by logowearco1 on topic New sport templates are great but...
I don't know if this is the templates or a setting on my end. I have designs that will allow DTG but not screen printing. The option on the design itself is greyed out so I can't select it and change at the design level. The colors are less than my limit colors for printing.
So a bunch of the new templates don't show up as usable.

1 month 3 weeks ago #22583 by gregp
Hi,

We have pushed an update to the filtering of stock designs to 8.502.
This will allow you to show designs with more colors than you can print.
The designs will be color reduced when added.. :)

This , if my understanding is correct will resolve your issue :)

Cheers,
Greg

2 weeks 3 days ago #22759 by familyfanclub
Greg, what's the timeline to update the existing templates to separate the elements?

We will make the elements interchangeable where possible.. ie a baseball clearly sitting on top of the design and not part of it. We will also make the letter "o" in World replaceable , and change text so its " W  ___ RLD" , , gives customers more flexibility.

As a work around, if I could get the image part, I can make it work.  With Fantasy Baseball season ending today...I'd really like to be able to offer this design to my customers.

Thanks

2 weeks 3 days ago #22760 by familyfanclub
I figured out a work around, I added a square with the same color to the design to cover the baseball, but it would be great to get that fixed soon to eliminate / avoid the need for work arounds.

2 weeks 3 days ago #22763 by gregp
Could U link through to the designot working as expected.
I have had our designer update the collections, so something may of gone amiss.

* note , updating the collection cant update decorated products using templates.. these create new , separate instances that aren't and cant get updated from updating the library. Not saying this is your use case , but a possibility.

Cheers,
Greg

2 weeks 3 days ago #22764 by familyfanclub
Hi Greg, no sure what you mean by link through to the design, but when I create a decorated product, search for baseball and I select the following design name:  World Tournament Baseball logo template

When added to my decorated product, the baseball is still part of the background image, it can't be removed or deleted that I can see.  

I attached a screenshot of what I see when creating decorated product with the World Tournament Baseball logo template
Attachments:

Time to create page: 0.131 seconds