× Got a question about SEO, marketing or promoting online? Ask here!

Product to Twitter

3 years 9 months ago #8634 by gnfb
I want to be able to send a post to twitter and a facebook page everyday of one of my products on the site. I want to take advantage of the images that automaitcally now show in twitter
1. Is anyone doing this already?
2.If not anyone got any suggestions of the most automatic cost effective way to do this?

My thoughts so far are to post to a wordpress blog then schedule posts to send to twitter and facebook each day
Its a bit clunky but it should work

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 9 months ago - 3 years 9 months ago #8888 by sajego
I do a lot of Wordpress automation with IFTTT.com

It's easier to write a few weeks posts at once and then let it post on a schedule. If you wanted to skip Wordpress then maybe bufferapp.com/ or any scheduling thing really.

---
Sara Gould
In A Flash Laser
iPadLaserEngraving.com

3 years 8 months ago #8896 by StitchPrint
Hootsuite will enable you to post to both SM platforms in one go, however we find the audience on Facebook to be totally different to that on Twitter so it's worth considering how your content will be received cross platform.

3 years 8 months ago #8916 by juansamsel
I'm also voted BUFFERAPP.COM. Very good site if you want to share your Twitter posts and then the image.

I will point BUFFERAPP.COM 8 out of 10. ;)

3 years 8 months ago #8982 by StitchPrint
Seeing as how facebook seem to be back to random acceptance of images from url links I've raised this (again) as an issue fro support.

We can share/pin direct to pinterest, we certainly ought to be able to market pre-designed products on to twitter & facebook ;) It is 2014 & xmas prime selling time is just around the corner :P
The following user(s) said Thank You: mattnz

3 years 8 months ago #8987 by StitchPrint
RESULT!

I've written some custom javascript which adds a facebook share button to your site. The image should be picked up automatically. The title and description will be taken from your meta title and meta descriptions tags so be sure to set those on your products so that it pulls in the correct info.

It's on my site stitchandprint.co.uk & works perfectly! Contact support to have it added is my suggestion!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego

3 years 8 months ago #8988 by StitchPrint
Just a note - this is on my main site - it isn't available by default on affiliate sites :(

DECO - it REALLY should be on ALL sites :whistle:

3 years 7 months ago #9222 by mattnz
Could we please have this added by default to at least the latest clean square theme for all users, including affiliate stores?

Also the keywords and metadata should be taking the decorated product name and product type name as the default for every page, not have 1 set that applies to every decorated product on every page. Very un-SEO friendly and incredibly time consuming to fix when we have affiliates with thousands of decorated products on their sites. This should be really simple and require no changes for the user, and cant take much to change in the system.

3 years 7 months ago #9327 by StitchPrint
I am led to believe that the "share" part for facebook is to be incorporated B)

As for the SEO part I agree entirely, Brenden was looking in to all these areas and we've heard nothing in about 2 months :angry: Raise it as a ticket & keep bouncing it back to them till it gets put in to development :unsure:

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #9425 by ccruz
Hey guys, good news we are looking at adding both facebook share and twitter card share option to decorated products social share module.

If you want to add these buttons in the meantime, you can add the below javascript into your HTML template directly before the closing </body> tag.
<!-- START Facebook/Twitter Share Buttons -->
<script>
if(document.querySelector("body#shop_product")){var shareURL=document.querySelector('meta[property="og:url"]').getAttribute("content").replace("&pn=1","").replace("pn=1","");fbLikeShare='<iframe src="//www.facebook.com/plugins/like.php?width&layout=button&action=like&show_faces=false&share=true&height=20&width=95&href='+encodeURIComponent(shareURL)+'" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" style="border:none; overflow:hidden; height:20px; width:95px;" allowTransparency="true"></iframe>';document.querySelector("#designs_product > div > div.c_wrapper > ul > li:last-child").innerHTML=fbLikeShare;var twitterItem=document.createElement("li");twitterItem.className="twitter-share";twitterShare='<iframe src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets/tweet_button.html?size=s&count=none&url='+encodeURIComponent(shareURL)+'" width="55" height="20" title="Twitter Tweet Button" style="border: 0; overflow: hidden;width: 55px; height: 20px;"></iframe>';document.querySelector("#designs_product > div > div.c_wrapper > ul").appendChild(twitterItem);document.querySelector("#designs_product > div > div.c_wrapper > ul > li:last-child").innerHTML=twitterShare}
</script>
<!-- END Facebook/Twitter Share Buttons -->

The twitter card share requires a couple more steps. First you need to add a meta tag (listed below) into the <head> section of your HTML template. Second you need to navigate to: cards-dev.twitter.com/validator and enter one of your decorated product URLs from there you preview the card and request approval for your website to send out card shares.
<meta name="twitter:card" content="summary" />

3 years 7 months ago #9427 by johnlocke
Yeah its good but you have to get bundle of followers and likes so you can promote your products try G+ instead of Twitter.

Love me or Leave me

3 months 2 weeks ago #19337 by KOIKE
Hi

Sorry...
Please tell me.
Please let me know the snippet when I want to display the thumbnail image of the blank product set to DecoNetwork.

Thanks!

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds