× Got a question about SEO, marketing or promoting online? Ask here!

Conversion Tracking Help/Workaround

4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #9435 by Cortez
Conversion Tracking Help/Workaround was created by Cortez
Howdy all, conversion tracking has been an issue for me since day one with Deconetwork. In Standard Google Analytics it has to do with crossing domains from our primary domain to deco's secure domain. I have never been able to get anywhere with cross domain tracking even with several attempts by people at Google trying to help me. I can see where traffic orginates and I can see conversions in analytics, however I can never tell what source is converting as the conversions show up as referrals from either the primary domain or my merchant processor.

I have been using third party tracking links from Click Meter and that does help quite a bit, but I have the same issues with that as I do with the Facebook Pixel. The pixel just simply doesn't fire a lot of the time............like 50% of the time.

Has anyone tried placing conversion pixels in the checkout insert instead of the designated conversion widget? Did you have any success with that?

Anybody who could give me ANY insight into better conversion tracking with the deco platform, I would really appreciate it. It gets really difficult to figure out what is working where when you are using 3 different PPC sources mixed in with some Organic traffic. It shouldn't have to be that way!
The following user(s) said Thank You: sajego

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 1 month ago #9454 by sajego
Replied by sajego on topic Conversion Tracking Help/Workaround
Same issues with google and tracking sources. It's definitely frustrating.

My Facebook pixel is in the checkout code and seems to work okay when I test it.

---
Sara Gould
In A Flash Laser
iPadLaserEngraving.com

3 years 11 months ago #10266 by mattnz
Replied by mattnz on topic Conversion Tracking Help/Workaround
Hi sajego,

Would you mind PMing your checkout code solution for the FB pixel? Will it work fine for an affiliate store as well on their own FB account?

Thanks,
Matt

3 years 11 months ago #10274 by sajego
Replied by sajego on topic Conversion Tracking Help/Workaround
It goes in Commercial Terms -> Order Complete (insert)
view as HTML and paste the code Facebook gives you for your pixel.

You could put multiple codes in there, they're only triggered if the ad is clicked on first, right? assuming their codes didn't conflict with each other.

---
Sara Gould
In A Flash Laser
iPadLaserEngraving.com

3 years 2 months ago #13019 by DigiTees
Replied by DigiTees on topic Conversion Tracking Help/Workaround
Does anyone know how to use the Facebook Custom Audience pixel (which appears to now also be the the Conversion pixel when you add a bit more code) if you have two Deco websites? We have a main site, which is also the fulfilment site and a "boutique" other site.

As far as I can work out, Facebook only gives you the one pixel to use on both sites, so how can it tell on which site the pixel is firing?

I'm putting the code in the head section of each sites Custom HTML, but the Order Complete insert only refers to the fulfillment site doesn't it?

Does the Conversion tracking section of each site work, if I put the pixel code in there instead?
Does that Generic Tracking Code box even work for Facebook conversions? This text underneath doesn't seem relevant to the code at all:
"Paste your conversion tracking code here - replace order ID with [ORDER_ID] and order amount with [ORDER_AMOUNT]."

I'd appreciate any help if anyone has had any success! :)
Thanks,
Niki

3 years 2 months ago #13020 by Cortez
Replied by Cortez on topic Conversion Tracking Help/Workaround
I would suggest you setup a facebook business account. business.facebook.com

With business manager you can set up separate ad accounts for each site which will also allow you to create different pixels for each as well.

If you are going to do a lot of facebook advertising it's a good idea to set up business manager

The custom audience pixel should be installed in the Custom HTML section, if you are using the same pixel on multiple deco sites you can segment out the audience by URL strings on the different sites. The conversion pixel will only fire if someone reaches that specific page so you could use that on a bunch of sites.

Jon Loomer has some good info on custom audiences www.jonloomer.com/2015/07/16/facebook-upgraded-pixel/

I think the tracking code fires more consistently if you insert it into the commercial terms > Order Complete (insert) page than if you insert it into the conversions page on deco.

3 years 2 months ago #13022 by DigiTees
Replied by DigiTees on topic Conversion Tracking Help/Workaround
Thanks again for your help Corey.

So would I place both conversion parts of the code in the Order Complete insert? One for Digitees and one for Ink+Threads?

Time to create page: 0.125 seconds