× Got a question about SEO, marketing or promoting online? Ask here!

Meta Page Title

4 years 4 months ago #14037 by mikdave
Meta Page Title was created by mikdave
Hi,

Just wondered if anyone knows how to remove the -STORE_NAME from the Meta Page Title?

As our company name includes some of our main keywords and it is my understanding that it is good practice for top keywords to be at the beginning and not the end of the title tag we would to remove if at all possible. I cant seem to work out how to do this, does anyone know how I go about it?
The following user(s) said Thank You: albertk2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 4 months ago #14074 by ccruz
Replied by ccruz on topic Meta Page Title
You should have this option under Store Branding when managing your store.

-Cris
The following user(s) said Thank You: mikdave, albertk2

4 years 4 months ago #14109 by mikdave
Replied by mikdave on topic Meta Page Title
Thanks Cris

David
The following user(s) said Thank You: albertk2

1 week 23 hours ago #23159 by lukefranklin96
Replied by lukefranklin96 on topic Meta Page Title
can you help out with this again. I cant find the store designs option and can only assume the layout of the website builder has been changed since this was posted. I want to change the tag from Men's Apparel to something else. How do I do that? 

See attached image 

Attachments:

5 days 15 hours ago #23162 by Sewsublime
Replied by Sewsublime on topic Meta Page Title
Hi

I would assume it gets it from the link in products called men's apparel,  above it has an edit button, you can change name here also there is meta tags this should change this

Cheers Daren

5 days 7 hours ago #23164 by ccruz
Replied by ccruz on topic Meta Page Title
Google normally uses the page name (<title> tag) however in some cases they ignore the title tag; for example if it's too generic. If you look at the cached link (version google has stored) for your site, you will see your page title was "Home". Google saw this as too generic and instead used the text from your first heading tag on the page which was the link to your Men's Apparel category in your custom navigation dropdown menu.

I can see you've since changed your page title however changes in Google are not instant and you will need to wait for Google to re-index your page and pickup the change. You might be able to trigger this via the Google Webmaster tools, not sure though. Even your new page title could be improved on. Here's an article with some advice on writing good page titles:  https://moz.com/learn/seo/title-tag

-Cris

Time to create page: 0.147 seconds