Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

× Got a question about SEO, marketing or promoting online? Ask here!

Https SSL security

3 years 7 months ago - 3 years 7 months ago #16781 by CAMISETAIMEDIA.COM
Https SSL security was created by CAMISETAIMEDIA.COM
Can you help me about SSl certificate, please?
You can configurate the apache server so the https domain requests *.camisetaimedia.com use an ssl certificate of *.camisetaimedia.com instead of the usual *.secure-decoration.com??

thanks

Camisetas Personalizadas.- Camisetaimedia.com

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 7 months ago #16786 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic Https SSL security
I have an Idea on this subject, at the moment is not possible to have your own SSL certificate for your domain. No se puede. :neutral:

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

3 years 7 months ago #16787 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic Https SSL security
Hi,

At present we don't support custom SSL certificate but something we are investigating.

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager
Wilcom - Sydney, Australia

File Attachment:

3 years 3 weeks ago - 3 years 3 weeks ago #17777 by info@shirtdesign.dk
Replied by info@shirtdesign.dk on topic Https SSL security
This is a major problem.. This has been news from Google for many years.. I run 4 websites, which one of the is from DecoNetwork.
- We can see how we're starting to drop on our CEO. and we are also starting to have problems with our Facebook Adds. We changed our other 3 websites to Https / SSL 2 years ago. - we're still stuck with our deconetwork site on the old http.
I raised a ticket asking about this. and got a reply from Tony Cooper, who clearly dont understand how big an issue this is. - This has nothing to do with or not deconetwork is secure. Its about that Google punishes thoes websites that are still using the old http.

Our latest add on facebook, i can see that customers who try to follow the link gets the google warning on there website, if they use chrome. that they are now entering a non-secure website. - Not really a good way to get customers to our site.

We dont need a SSL sertificate on the secure site. - but on our own domain its important.

Please provide a date where i can expect to have a functioning custom-domain-ssl (shirtdesign.dk)
blog.sucuri.net/2017/08/google-warning-t...tober-https-ssl.html

(not trying to spot Tony, just want to make a point, that some people within Deco, dont seem to undertand this problem, ad a major issue.)
Reply from Tony:
Hi John,

DecoNetwork provides a secure domain with your secure-decoration.com domain and it will be used any time a secure connection is required such as the login pages, checkout or the auto-login links in emails. There is no way currently to set your custom domain to be the secure domain as DecoNetwork does not support custom SSL domains.

Thanks John
The following user(s) said Thank You: DigiTees

3 years 3 weeks ago #17779 by DigiTees
Replied by DigiTees on topic Https SSL security
Definitely following this topic.

3 years 3 weeks ago #17780 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic Https SSL security
Hi John,

Thanks for your comments!

I can assure you the team are aware of the importance of this issue and it is on our radar for development. Tony was replying accurately and correctly to our current capabilities which our team are advised to always do. We don't want to provide instructions on what is not possible in DecoNetwork today.

I fully agree with you that this is an urgent requirement and we will address it.

Thank you!

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

The following user(s) said Thank You: DigiTees

3 years 2 weeks ago #17848 by info@shirtdesign.dk
Does this link work with you. ? - This is from Google Shortner. - Just realized that we had about 50+ adds on google, where the link doesnt work becuase of this issue.. - - Use Chrome, and test this link. goo.gl/oFp8Fp

3 years 1 week ago - 3 years 1 week ago #17913 by info@shirtdesign.dk
Any Reply on this Brenden. _
Google Shorter doens not work, when your site is not SSL sercure.. /

Since your own site is https. this is working. / This is not working on sites that are not https.
www.deconetwork.com/online-stores / Becomes> goo.gl/NCdsNw

With google shortner, and tracking, its cooked down to this, but it doesnt work if anyone is using chrome.. Or you use this link within Facebook. . We cant run our adds with googleshortner anymore..

3 years 1 week ago #17917 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic Re:Https SSL security
Hi,

Our team is researching using custom SSL at the moment and how we can implement this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

The following user(s) said Thank You: info@shirtdesign.dk

3 years 1 week ago #17939 by info@shirtdesign.dk
Replied by info@shirtdesign.dk on topic Re:Https SSL security
Wow.. just realized.. - its on ALL browsers you cant use google shorterner links.. not just Chorme.. :(
You get this error message on all browsers..- holy crap not good.. we use a lot of googleshortner links in our facebook ads.. Its an extremly good way to track your posts..
File Attachment:

3 years 1 week ago #17940 by 2LiveCards
Replied by 2LiveCards on topic Re:Https SSL security

brenden wrote: Our team is researching using custom SSL at the moment and how we can implement this.

That's a relief, because my blog feed has given up again :furious: and the answer seems to be "it's your host" but their answer is "it's your platform" :furious:

There's so much more to life than responsive designers.............. :snooze:

3 years 1 week ago #17946 by 2LiveCards
Replied by 2LiveCards on topic Re:Https SSL security

2LiveCards wrote:

brenden wrote: Our team is researching using custom SSL at the moment and how we can implement this.

That's a relief, because my blog feed has given up again

OOPS! :oops: Looks like it was the latest wordpress update that did this one........... fixed now! :oops: :oops: :oops:

3 years 1 week ago #17947 by info@shirtdesign.dk
Replied by info@shirtdesign.dk on topic Re:Https SSL security
This is a much bigger problem than i realized in the beginning.

1. Our website has over the last two years been slaughted by google, since we're not HTTPS. / SSL Sertified. The google rank Score is very bad.
2. Also Google Shortner is not supoprted for http, only https sites. (very powerfull tool for marketing and ads)
3. Today i just found out that Google Shopping is ALSO NOT supported for http sites. - We have been strugling for so long time to figure out why our shopping ads are not showing. since they work for all our other sites, and we sell a lot through that. - We sell banners and beachflags over google shopping with big succes, from our other websites. (Joomla sites)

We need a date for this. its been 3 years since google first announced that you need to change to SSL if you dont want to get bad SEO. - Oktober 2015 was when they started to punish sites that didnt change to Https.

How big a problem is this for Deconetwork. ? is this a major re-build of the intire system, that we should not expect will happned soon, or can you provide us with a date. ?

We have a annual sale with deconetwork for about 540,000 USD and this is dropping. (this year so far we are behind with 80,000 USD) - Its a big problem if we need to change our intire site to a different provider like InkSoft. But we have to take this seriously. We have spend so many hours in to our deconetwork site to make it work good with our workflow and printers.

- But we cant keep using Deconetwork if we should expect to beeing stock to Http.

Really hope we can get som clearity about updating to SSL from Deco.

Thanks.

3 years 1 week ago #17950 by brenden
Replied by brenden on topic Re:Https SSL security

2LiveCards wrote:

2LiveCards wrote:

That's a relief, because my blog feed has given up again

OOPS! :oops: Looks like it was the latest wordpress update that did this one........... fixed now! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Yeah it wasn't us :) like we said many others were using it. But glad you got it fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheers,

Senior Product Manager

File Attachment:

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds