Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

Issues with Templates and Production Artwork

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #20845 by AaronM
Just wanted to see if anyone else was experiencing these issues. I'm being told that this is expected behavior, yes it seems to conterdict Deco's claim to provide production ready artwork. Anyway, here is the issue. Let me know your thoughts on this being acceptable or not:

Our template for this product is set to have a print size of 63.5 x 86. The customer uploaded their file and then stretched it out to center the logos etc. and they are seeing this:

We get the order, download the production ready artwork and even the thumbnail on the production page looks right:

Yet the production file that we get to print looks like this (Completely off center):

Shouldn't we expect to get print files as they are laid out in the designer by the customer, not based on stretching the artwork?
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

2 years 10 months ago #20850 by gregp
Hi Aaron,

What is your site url and order #... I would like to jump in and take a look :).

Cheers,
Greg

2 years 10 months ago #20873 by AaronM
The most recent one is order number 359687. This has been an ongoing issue and one of several open tickets we have with support.

www.picthegift.com

2 years 10 months ago #20888 by gregp
Hi Aaron,

I can see there is an aligment issue with #359687. I have bumped this back to our developers.

One thing to note is that the output production file will match the total area and not cutout any mark applied. So in the case of the order that has a mask that looks like a cross, output will always be the full area (rectangle) and you have to apply the mask through production.

Cheers,
Greg

2 years 10 months ago #20891 by AaronM
Greg,

The masking part we can live with as we just automate that in Photoshop, (thought it would be a great feature that would actually make you guys sublimation friendly BUT the overall size of the image as a rectangle should be the same from one order to the next shouldn't it? In 359687, it is not an alignment issue, but an overall size of the production-ready artwork we are receiving. It should be 63.5 x 86 inches, but instead, we are getting a much larger file as the template doesn't seem to mean anything to the production file, even though it shows up that way in every other location.

Sorry for my frustration, but I'm just not sure how we are supposed to check these things in production if we are not going to get an actual production ready piece of art and in turn, we send out the wrong product to our customers and wind up with costly reprints and reships. On top of that the 7-month-old open tickets I have and countless other "closed" ones that were never actually solved just have brought me to a boiling point.

Sincerely,
Aaron Montgomery
Pic The Gift, VP Biz Dev. and Co-Host of 2 Regular Guys Podcast

2 years 10 months ago - 2 years 10 months ago #20892 by gregp
OK, great we are on the same page re masking.. and agreed it would be a cool feature.
We have our production coder under the pump , and hes working day and night on the issues.

I will crack the whip harder and see if I can get some good results out the other end for you.

Cheers,
Greg

2 years 10 months ago #20920 by gregp
Hey Aaron,

As you know we have now fixed the offset issue.. :).

Cheers,
Greg

2 years 10 months ago #20934 by AaronM
Thanks so much. Your extra attention to the issue is so much appreciated.

Time to create page: 0.215 seconds