Our community forums have moved. Visit our Help Center to join the discussions.

Pre Cut Transfer Supplier

3 years 2 weeks ago #17884 by ascotpromotions1234
Pre Cut Transfer Supplier was created by ascotpromotions1234
This is not really a "How To" topic, but wonder if someone can help.

We carry out all of our embroidery in house, but contract out our transfer work. We have toyed with the idea of taking on the printing in house, but we simply don't have the space at the moment for a heat press, cutter/printer and (more importantly) rolls and rolls of vinyl.

I recently watched a video blog from Stahls, which featured Erich (from DN). He mentioned about a pre-cut transfer service, where you send off your designs, they are cut (either single colour vinyl or full colour transfer) and sent back to you in the post and we apply these ourselves. This way, all we would need space for is a heat press!

I have done some research and am struggling to find a UK based company which offers this service. Does anyone know of any companies doing this? If so, are there minimum order quantities? Our typical order quantities can range from one-off's to hundreds, so this may only be feasible for the larger orders we receive...

Thanks in advance
Joe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

3 years 2 weeks ago #17885 by giftswp
Replied by giftswp on topic Pre Cut Transfer Supplier
Joe,

Stahls offers this service here in the USA, you should ask them to see if they offer this service in the UK also.

Ruben
The one that does not ask, does not learn

3 years 2 weeks ago #17886 by Sewsublime
Replied by Sewsublime on topic Pre Cut Transfer Supplier
Hi Joe

I know www.targettransfers.com do this but there will be a minimum orders. If there are lots of single colour transfers to be done then a lot of screen printers will make them for you, but is there are a lot of prints we usually get them done straight on to the garments which does not cost much extra. We use promoclothing.co for black and white prints for customers we have regular repeat orders in smaller amounts.

Cheers Daren

3 years 2 weeks ago #17911 by ascotpromotions1234
Replied by ascotpromotions1234 on topic Pre Cut Transfer Supplier
Thank you for your replies. I have spoken with Stahls and they pointed me in the direction of Target Transfers. As you say, they have minimum orders which we simply cannot meet on every job!

We currently have a number of contractors who carry out all of our printing work. We have toyed with the idea of doing everything ourselves, I just thought this could be a nice stepping stone before taking the plunge and buying everything!!

3 years 2 weeks ago #17912 by 2LiveCards
Replied by 2LiveCards on topic Pre Cut Transfer Supplier
Just single colour transfer vinyl? I'd say there's a possibility of doing it for you, but you're probably better off letting your contractors do it - if you're going to press it yourself you might as well buy the plotter - it's only 5 feet of space!

3 years 2 weeks ago #17941 by 2LiveCards
Replied by 2LiveCards on topic Pre Cut Transfer Supplier
Am I right in thinking you've got a Deco site but haven't activated the design tool??

3 years 2 weeks ago #17948 by ascotpromotions1234
Replied by ascotpromotions1234 on topic Pre Cut Transfer Supplier
Correct. We signed up with Deco purely for the back end and BusinessHub side. We were heavily paper based before! We needed a paper free solution to track our orders through our production process. Without spending tens of thousands on a custom built software, DecoNetwork was the best "off the shelf" solution we found.

We will eventually get round to setting up our webshop and online designer. It's just not a priority for us at this stage, as the majority of our orders are face to face local businesses.

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds